"How To" Catheter Guides For Men
There are some medical aid to help people with urinary incontinence or men who experience accidental leaking of urine, here is a great product that can ease your condition and help you live normally each day this is called a catheter.
Here we will tell you how to properly use the catheter.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Get into position for inserting your catheter: Lie or sit down with your knees bent. Put a towel or waterproof pad under your penis. You may also stand in front of the toilet. Make sure the other end of the catheter is pointed into a container or down toward the toilet.
- Clean yourself: Wash your penis with soap, warm water, and a washcloth. If you are not circumcised, pull back the foreskin. Wash the head and the urinary meatus (the opening where urine comes out). Rinse and dry your penis. Put the container close to you to collect the urine.
- Put water-based lubricating jelly on the first 7 to 10 inches of the catheter: This will help decrease discomfort during the procedure.
- Insert the catheter: With one hand, hold your penis straight out from your body. With your other hand, slowly put the catheter into the urinary meatus.
- Gently push the catheter about 7 to 10 inches into your penis until urine begins to come out. Once urine starts to flow, push the catheter up 1 inch more and hold it in place until the urine stops.
- Remove the catheter when you are finished: When urine no longer comes out of the catheter, pinch it closed with the hand that was holding your penis. Gently and slowly pull the catheter out. Keep the end of the catheter up to prevent the dribbling of urine. If you are not circumcised, pull the foreskin down over the head of the penis.
- Clean the catheter: If your catheter is reusable, follow your healthcare provider's instructions to clean it. If your catheter is a single-use catheter, throw it away.
Using a catheter is normally painful and causes uneasiness further more infection to users. So one great company made a version that is not painful at all and very easy to use feel free to check in case you need an external catheter that is painless we sourced the best in terms of quality and price from Vast Medic.
External Male Urinary Catheter Kit
This external male urinary catheter is very easy to use and setup. It only requires a connection from the external catheter to the collection bag and then to the overnight bag.