Healthy Sleeping Habit
Having a restless night? Are you might as well tired the whole day or just feeling tired even if you just wake up from full sleep? You might have a bad sleeping habit. Numerous sleepless nights can further develop to a sleep deficiency. Sleep deficiency occurs if you do not get enough sleep, you sleep at the wrong time of day, you do not sleep well, or you have a sleep disorder.
To avoid disorders you gotta follow these tips on getting better sleep and start a healthy sleeping habit:
- Set a consistent sleep schedule.
- Create regular bedtime rituals.
- Get regular exercise.
- Keep a healthy diet.
- Limit caffeine and avoid nicotine.
- Avoid alcohol that slows brain activity.
- Keep naps short limit it to less than 30 minutes.
- Use your bedroom for sleep only.
- Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
- If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
- Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
- Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
- Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
- Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
If you are diagnosed with sleeping disorder you can check VastMedic for possible treatment machine and accessory needs. Try to start and develop a great sleeping habit before it is late and hard to correct. Be consistent with how you sleep can make or affect your whole day.